With SIS GPR services we use Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment which uses radio waves, not gamma rays, which are used in concrete x-ray equipment. Those gamma rays used in concrete x-ray equipment can be harmful to humans and therefore requires evacuation while in use. SIS GPR technology reduces the time and cost required for concrete inspection because the results are available on site and in real-time with safe radio frequency waves which do not require any evacuation. SIS GPR technicians can accurately and quickly locate rebar, conduits and identify post-tension cables before boring, drilling or sawing and results are available immediately. SIS GPR provides concrete scanning to identify what is in the concrete. SIS GPR will find post-tension cables. Damage to a post tension cable can affect the integrity of the structure which will slow down construction while solutions are found. We will locate rebar embedded in the concrete and mark its location so decisions can be made as to boring into it or avoiding it. Sometimes conduits are left in the concrete with data cables and fiber optic lines running through them. SIS GPR can locate these conduits and mark on the surface their location so they can be avoided when boring or cutting.
- Driveway cracked and you need to repair it but need to scan it first
- Need a sidewalk to your front door
- Ripping up your driveway and need to check for lines under it
- Locate rebar before you begin cutting or drilling
- Need to inspect concrete floors, walls, garages, balconies, tunnels and slabs
- Prolong drill and coring life by avoiding rebar and pipes
- Decrease the risk of a leak by avoiding hitting the pipes